{about me}


Name: Su Ling
Location: Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Simple things make me happy!

See my complete profile

{disclaimer}

This blog is solely MINE It contains MY photos, thoughts, hopes, dreams, secrets, and fears. I write because I want to, and you read because you want to. If you don't want to read, then don't. It's that simple.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Shanghai's Ding Tai Feng, Penang - Horrible!

Shanghai's Ding Tai Feng Restaurant is banned! I was there one Saturday after reading a review online that their Xiao Long Bao was good and of course the picture of it looked good too! I am crazy about Xiao Long Bao ok. When I say crazy..i really mean it! I love Xiao Long Bao..Imagine the steaming hot Xiao Long Bao in the bamboo dim sum case. Usually it comes in 4 pieces. Once you put one in your mouth, the hot yummy juice from the xiao long bao just burst inside your mouth ;) Anyway the Xiao Long Bao in this restaurant is really really BAD! The meat was not sweet and juicy but it was all mashed up like mashed potato!! who on earth cook Xiao Long Bao like that???? Also since it was a weekend they only serve 8 Xiao Long Bao and not the 4 Xiao Long Bao. Thinking that I love Xiao Long Bao so what the heck! Just give me my Xiao Long Bao I am one happy person! I also tried their Wo tip! Damn it was the same mashed meat they used! Not much different except there's no hot juicy soup in the Wo Tip and the shape was different of course. I think Ms Cao Wo Tip is much better. I got 100 pieces during CNY and cooked for my relatives and they all loved it! That's what i call real WO TIP! And not those served in that restaurant in Queensbay!

Really bad!!!! Hate it! Never going back there! I don't think they will last long as well. I was there on a weekend afternoon, it wasn't pack at all. And also there's a lot of waiter and waitress standing around. And when I went out of the shop. I see a bunch of China guys hanging around! They must be the super lousy chef from Ding Tai Feng. My friend CB told me on weekdays their business is really bad! Btw, CB is one loyal customer to this restaurant! He told me the food is not bad!!! ???#$%^&&** Sincerely, I think is a disgrace to use the name Ding Tai Feng!

Next I am going to visit Ms Cao's sister La Mian restaurant in Rat Island and the Chinese Restaurant at Berjaya hotel for yummy yam ring and roast piglet and perhaps Peking duck?

Ta...

posted on 5/01/2007 01:03:00 AM |

Teacuppa.com - Gourmet Teas for all!

webserver4life.com - cheap windows webhosting

Your Ad Here

{loves}

cheesecakes
strawberries
ice-cream
satay
chee cheong fun
curry laksa
penang laksa
ba kut teh
popiah
nasi lemak
crabs
peking duck
watching TVB drama
travelling
talking to stranger
walking alone in an empty street

{hates}

pretentious people
waking up early
naughty Frosty

{recently}

  • Ricky Martin - Private Emotion
  • Finally I am blogging again
  • I heart Penang
  • clips 
  • earings 
  • pendant 
  • butterfly 
  • watch 
  • Xiao Long Pao
  • Nothing to blog about
  • {movie watched}

    {archives}

    September 2004
    October 2004
    November 2004
    December 2004
    January 2005
    February 2005
    March 2005
    April 2005
    May 2005
    June 2005
    July 2005
    August 2005
    September 2005
    October 2005
    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007

    {credits}

    blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com